The ‘Connecting Laudato Si & Catholic Investments’ conference will be held on 27 January 2017 in Rome, Italy for one day only.
Inspired by Pope Francis’ call to urgently develop policies to drastically reduce carbon emissions, the conference will examine links between fossil-fuel divestment, investments in community-based renewable energy, and Catholic organisations.
Fourteen speakers are confirmed, representing a diverse range of experience from:
- The Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace
- The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- The Federation of Bishops of Oceania
- Carbon Tracker Initiative
- Franciscan Sisters of Mary
- Wermuth Asset Management
- The Missionary Society of St Columban
- The Church of Sweden
- Jesuits in English Canada Province
- The International Trade Union Confederation
The event has already reached full capacity but interested parties may still register to be placed on the waiting list. Registration and conference details can be accessed here.